Re: fhs transition issue

On Mon, Sep 20, 1999 at 03:59:13PM +0300, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 19, 1999 at 11:03:05PM -0400, Raul Miller wrote:
> > I've seen some people claim that the FHS transition issue has been
> > handled, but we still don't have a policy for it.
>
> Didn't the Technical Committee choose one some time ago?

Yes:  Wichert asked them to pick a strategy for the transition and they
picked one.  [The least of several evils: not ideal but better than
the alternatives.]

However, the policy group has not yet seen fit to publish that approach
in the debian-policy package.  At the moment, there's no policy version
that a package can use if it wants to use the FHS layout, without
breaking FSSTND.

The policy group created this situation -- it would be good to clean
it up.  [Personally, I'm refusing to release any packages under 3.x
policy until this gets fixed.]

--
Raul