Re: Processed: should have been reassigned not closed (or bugs I agree with)

 Chris> Wichert Akkerman <wichert@cistron.nl> writes:
 >> Okay, let me step in here and stir up the fire. What Ian is running into
 >> here seems to be that some bugs just aren't `sexy' enough for lack of a
 >> better term. If a proposal is obviously correct there is no discussion
 >> and will die silently unless the submitter has the time to personally
 >> go through the whole policy-change process and make sure it gets in.

 Chris> I think this used to work better when joeyh was posting his weekly
 Chris> policy summary reports.  Then people could see at a glance which
 Chris> perfectly decent proposals were on the bubble because of minimal
 Chris> interest.  Maybe we could find someone willing to pick up this task
 Chris> again.

        I agree. The problem is that the un-sexy bugs just slip off
 peoples horizon; and something like a weekly report,
 especially on that mentioetioned idle time, would entice people to
 make the extra effort.

        Look at how much response there is to the RC bug postings.

        Also, if the time deadlines are used correctly, to weed out
 the noise in the BTS, this list should not be hard to maintain.

        I guess this could be the bailliwick of the person niminally
 in charge, since it is unfair to put this additional task on Joey
 Hess (he has better things to do, maybe).

        manoj
--
 "It is important to keep an open mind, but not so open that your
 brains fall out." Stephen A. Kallis, Jr.