RE: RFC: allow output from maintainer scripts

> The sorts of information which currently get displayed, but which don't
> get prompted for, are things like "Restarting internet superserver:
> inetd", or "Updating /etc/network/interfaces: succeeded".
>
> To me, those sorts of outputs seem useful and helpful, so I think policy
> should probably explicitly allow for them, or at least not forbid them
> as it apparently does atm.

during an install of more than say 3 packages, all that output gets washed
away.  Especially for the many people who do updates from term windows in X.
The output of most packages boil down to debug messages.

I am not against letting the sysadmin know what is happening.  Perhaps we just
need a better way to handle it.