Mistake in the Chapter 9

Hello,

the Policy manual says on this page in the ch.9 ( https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-opersys.html ) that :

9.2.2 UID and GID classes

1000-59999:

Dynamically allocated user accounts. By default adduser will choose UIDs and GIDs for user accounts in this range, though adduser.conf may be used to modify this behavior.

I checked /etc/adduser.conf on my system and found :

# FIRST_[GU]ID to LAST_[GU]ID inclusive is the range of UIDs of dynamically
# allocated user accounts/groups.
FIRST_UID=1000
LAST_UID=29999

FIRST_GID=1000
LAST_GID=29999

It's a wheezy ( 7.8 ) box, and I ignored the existence of this file before, so I suppose it is the default settings.

Maybe the Policy manual may be modified to the good range [ 1000-29999 ] and indicate that the range [ 30000-59999 ] is left to the sysadmin ( for netusers / netgroups for example ).

May you tell me if I'm right or wrong ?

Thanks all of you for your work,
Guillaume.