Re: Bug #1013195: base-files: Please add AGPL-3 license

On Wed, Apr 26, 2023 at 09:03:14AM +0000, Robert Ernst wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I found this bug because I was asking myself why we don't include more
> licenses in the /usr/share/common-licenses/ folder.
> While I am open to have the big topic (of why we don't just put all licenses
> know to man in every language put into the common-licences folder and then
> refer from the debian/copyright file to that folder/files instead of putting
> the whole license text into every package itself) I prefer to keep it at a
> specific example in case of this bug.
>
> This bug was assigned at Mon, 03 Oct 2022 22:03:07 GMT to debian-policy. It
> seems it was not getting attention from the debian-policy team since 6
> months.

The rule we follow is that the license need to be used by a non negligible
percentage of packages. It is not the first time a bug report ask to add the
AGPL. Last time the statistic was computed, the AGPL did not cut it, so the bug
was closed.

Cheers,
Bill