Stack frame in signal handler?

Does anyone know if the format of the stack frame when a signal occurs is
documented anywhere? I've found the code in http://lxr.linux.no/source/arch/ppc
/kernel/signal.c, and I can get most of it from that; but there are some
strangenesses there I don't understand (why is there more than one sigcontext
structure? What's sys_sigreturn *doing*?). The format doesn't seem to be
documented in the PPC ABI.

My next step is to get out ddd and start fiddling with it; but I'd really
rather not do that. If anyone here knows, I'd be extremely grateful.

--
+- David Given ---------------McQ-+ "[SF is not about predicting the future.]
+- http://wired.st-and.ac.uk/~dg -+ Stephen Dedman