Re: about PowerPc - offtopic

Of course, if disk-intensiveness is a large part of the compiling process, you
probably need to spend a fair amount of time with hdparm before it works at it's
best.  According to it's built-in benchmarks, disk throughput practically doubled
on my 400 mhz "Bronze" laptop when I set it to autotune.

Is hdparm available with Debian?

Hugh