Re: Installing Debian over DHCP

erbenson@alaska.net said:
> you don't need to unless you are installing the base system from NFS!
> dbootstrap only installs base2_2.tgz nothing else, after that is
> installed you have a self sustaining system that boots on its own,
> you can then just setup dhcp from that, if dhcpd is not there just
> download the package manually and dpkg -i it.  the actual package

It's hard to download the client that will let your networking start to
function if you replaced your other OS. But I see your point here.

> selection and installtion is done with dselect from your base system
> not from dbootstrap.

Is there time to make sure that dhcp is in base_2_2.tgz then? Just to avoid
the chicken and egg problem if you replaced your only other OS :-).
Or are we too late?