Re: Need your input for keymap configuration

>  > Configuring packages ...
>  > Please report this bug: no keymaps described for architecture m68k/ amiga 2000
>
> This is a known problem.  Fixing it as well.
>
> So now it seems that /proc/hardware on ppc is not useful.  Is there
> also a "machine" field on m68k ?  That would be nice...

/proc/cpuinfo on powerpc:

processor	: 0
cpu		: 750
temperature 	: 0 C
clock		: 399MHz
revision	: 130.2
bogomips	: 400.59
zero pages	: total 0 (0Kb) current: 0 (0Kb) hits: 0/266 (0%)
machine		: PowerBook1,1
motherboard	: PowerBook1,1 MacRISC Power Macintosh
L2 cache	: 1024K unified
memory		: 64MB

/proc/hardware on m68k (Atari TT):

$ cat /proc/hardware
Model:		Atari TT
CPU:		68030
MMU:		68030
FPU:		68882
Clocking:	31.3MHz
BogoMips:	7.83
Calibration:	3916800 loops
System Memory:	20480K
	  4 MB at 0x00000000 (ST-RAM)
	 16 MB at 0x01000000 (alternate RAM)
Detected hardware:
	TT Shifter
	Programmable Sound Generator
	PCM 8 Bit Sound
	SCSI Controller NCR5380 (TT style)
	ACSI Interface
	8/16 Mhz Switch for FDC
	Multi Function Peripheral MFP 68901
	Second Multi Function Peripheral MFP 68901
	Serial Communications Controller SCC 8530
	MICROWIRE(tm) Interface
	DMA Controller (24 bit)
	DMA Controller for NCR5380
	DMA Controller for SCC
	Clock Chip MC146818A
	System Control Unit
	VME Bus

Just parse the Model: line here.

$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
CPU:		68030
MMU:		68030
FPU:		68882
Clocking:	31.3MHz
BogoMips:	7.83
Calibration:	3916800 loops

No machine: line here. I suggest the PowerPC port add /proc/hardware to
the kernel (the machine: stuff isn't strictly info about the CPU). Or read
/proc/device-tree/model for the model ID (on PowerMac models at least).
More info in /proc/device-tree/aliases (see adb-mouse, adb-keyboard,
usb-mouse, usb-keyboard; empty files mean device not present).
Hartmut: which of these would break on PPC models other than Powermacs?

While we're at it, the Intel 'port' also lacks hardware info in /proc?
There's no machine: stuff in cpuinfo either. The cpuinfo stuff can be
include in the hardware info as on m68k. What about other ports?

	Michael