architecture not supported (sigh)

hi,

	i am trying to run debian on a g3 notebook and i did as follows:

1. downloaded kernel, drivers, base2_2.tgz, bootx, etc...
2. booting does not work, doenloaded g3 linux from linuxppc.org
3. rename root.bin to ramdisk.image.gz
4. booting now does work, it even loads the ramdisk
5. dibootstrap welcomes me by saying that my architecture is not
   supported yet, and reboots...

what does that means? isn't a g3 just a ppc? or not? it is the g3
of a friend of mine and i don't know very much about macs.

thanx,
federico

p.s. please, leave me in the cc, i am not on this list...

--
Federico Di Gregorio
MIXAD LIVE System Programmer                           fog@mixadlive.com