Re: USB PC card support

>>>>> "Geert" == Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org> writes:

Geert> On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, Kevin Puetz wrote:
>> jes@ncgr.org said:
>> > I own a MacAlly USB PC card for my PowerBook G3. Any hopes that this
>> > will be supported under linux-ppc?
>>
>> > jas.

Geert> Doesn't `lspci' tell you that? It knows about the USB UHCI and
Geert> OHCI classes in the PCI class field.

I don't know if lspci tells you:

00:00.0 Host bridge: Motorola MPC106 [Grackle] (rev 40)
00:0d.0 Class ff00: Apple Computer Inc. Paddington Mac I/O
00:10.0 Class ff00: Apple Computer Inc. Paddington Mac I/O
00:11.0 Display controller: ATI Technologies Inc 3D Rage LT Pro (rev dc)
00:13.0 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCI1131 (rev 01)
00:13.1 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCI1131 (rev 01)

It seems to look at the bridge but not the card.

cardctl doesn't seem to give much info either:
amadeus99:/# cardctl status
Socket 0:
  no card
Socket 1:
  3.3V CardBus card
  function 0: [ready]
  function 1: [ready]
  function 2: [ready]
  function 3: [ready]

Presumably, I would also need to modify my X configuration to let it
know about the USB mouse on the card, wouldn't I? How do I get X to
deal with two mice, one on ADB and the other on USB? Presumably I'll
have to configure Xextension, yes?

Sorry, but I know little about USB or PCMCIA...

jas.