Re: Compiling a new kernel

On Wed, Dec 15, 1999, Marcin Owsiany <porridge@pandora.info.bielsko.pl> wrote:

>I've just compiled new 2.2.13 kernel using kernel-package, installed the
>resulting .deb, copied new vmlinux to MacOS partition, restarted, pointed
>BootX at the new kernel and after a few lines (addresses of code start, fb
>device etc) the boot process hanged at:
>booting...

The kernel crashes during it's initialisations. How did you copy the
kernel to the HFS partition ? (Which tool did you use ?) I suggest
mounting the HFS partition in Linux and copying it this way.

Also, you may have a wrong config option conflicting with the PowerMac
(like the PReP-style Real Time Clock).