Re: APUS hardware support?

On Wed, 22 Dec 1999, Björn Johansson wrote:
> So, you mean that the Amiga4000 has no PCI? When I bought an Infinitiv tower

The plain A4000 has no PCI.

> for my A1200, there were instructions which told me that EVEN THIS tower
> model(zorro-version) had 2 PCI:s. So you mean that the Infinitiv
> manufucturer have lied? Strange... Since I'm definitely not a expert in
> hardware I'm going to check this up.

Since many Amiga graphics boards have a FPGA to convert from Zorro to PCI, it's
possible that the Infinitiv tower has such a thing.

IIRC, the DKB Wildfire accelerator also has a local PCI bus. It even has a
DEC21041 Ethernet chip, so they even implemented PCI bus mastering (which is
not needed for graphics cards and hence not implemented in e.g. the Cybervision
64).

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,
--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- Linux/{m68k~Amiga,PPC~CHRP} -- geert@linux-m68k.org