Re: package dependancies

Previously Michael G Schwern wrote:
> I was told by a Debian developer (x86 side) that untarring the base
> tarball into a partition is not the proper way to install

Depends on which tarball you use I guess.. For powerpc you probably had
a tarball that was a snapshot of an old basesystem. Generally it should
work, but it's highly recommend that you use apt or some other method to
upgrade the packages in the basesystem to the latest version after
extracting it.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wichert@cs.leidenuniv.nl