Re: [just joined ] is it possible to boot Debian without MacOS?

Manuel Arriaga wrote:

> Hi Adam,
>
> I have the option to buy either a 7300 or a 7600; so these are "safe" choices, right?
>
> I have been "digging" around the "linux on ppc" sites and it seems that I can use either quik or miboot...

I'm no expert on this, but it sounds like you should use quik.

The easiest way I've found to get it going is to use the MacOS utility Boot Variables, which lets you set all the OF vars
including the boot device and file.  The boot device will be complicated, but try variations on the examples provided.

So that's what I know,

-Adam P.