Re: usb support

> I am currently trying to install debian on a powermac g4, and usb
> seems to be causing some problems. Just to experiment, I tried booting
> without the keyboard and mouse plugged in, and it booted ok, but of
> course I couldn't go anywhere from there. Could anyone tell me what's
> going on??? Also, if anyone has installed successfully on a similar
> machine, telling me any quirks they ran into would be great too.  Any
> help would be greatly appreciated!!!

I'm running debian on a g4 without any usb problems.  Are you trying
to build your own kernel?  I know that many people (including myself)
have tried to build a custom kernel from stock source only to find
that the usb support isn't in the standard source tree yet.

If that's the case, it's still necessary to use "rsync" to get
the kernel sources from here...

http://linuxcare.com.au/paulus/kernels.html

If you're not building your own kernel, your problem could be
somewhere else, like your configuration of your Xserver.  Are
you booting directly into X, or do you get to a plain text-based
console?

----
pohl@screaming.org