Re: [bh@agl.ucl.ac.be: why parted does not exist in powerpc.deb?]

On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 01:16:49PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> Timshel Knoll wrote:
> >
> > [please CC all replies to me, I'm not on -powerpc - thanks]
> >
> > I'm the maintainer of the debian GNU parted package, and I just recieved the
> > forwarded message below asking why there is no powerpc-compiled parted
> > package ... Parted should be quite useful on powerpc now, since it supports
> > Mac disklabels (since 1.4.0), so ext2 partition resizing should be quite
> > possible on powerpc. Any reason why the ppc buildd doesn't build parted?
>
> http://voltaire.debian.org/buildlogs/parted
>
> I guess we'd have to ask Dan why it's 'Not-For-Us'...

This is a frequent problem.  It was Not-For-Us because it -used- not to
build on powerpc.  If people would specify Architecture: lines this
wouldn't happen... i think...

--
Daniel Jacobowitz                           Debian GNU/Linux Developer
Monta Vista Software                              Debian Security Team