Re: German keymap: how to get | \ ~

Stefan Haller wrote:

I have a German keyboard, so I am using a German keymap
(mac-de2-ext.kmap.gz).  With this keymap I am unable to type "\", "|",
and "~", which makes the shell a bit inconvenient to use.

On MacOS, "|" is at option-7, "\" is option-shift-7, and "~" is option-n
(deadkey), or option-ctrl-n as a non-dead key.

I also tried with "keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes=1" and using an i386
keymap, to no avail.

I can't be the only one using a German keyboard?  What do others do?

Hello Stefan,

I'm using the attached mac-de2-ext-jf keymap, wich is a patched version of mac-de2-ext.
It's a fast hack and so not perfect.

You will find the wanted chars on following keys:

"~" on command-+
"{" on command-7
"[" on command-8
"]" on command-9