Re: Sony Handycam as USB mass storage hang

On Wed, 2002-09-04 at 22:09, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> >>  It could be a endianess error on some parts of the driver.
> >
> >Might be. I had an exchange of mails with Matthew Dharm yesterday and he
> >suspects a powerpc specific issue in the OHCI controller.
>
> If you can give me more details about the problem he suspect, I can
> eventually try to find out what's up.

He didn't say much, just:

"I'm thinking that this really is a powerpc problem... I think the host
controller is doing something bad here.  We appear to be unable to send
messages to the control endpoint of the device."

and:

"Hrm... the bug seems to be located in the OHCI controller code (at
least, that's my working theory), so I would look there."

> AFAIK, OHCI controller used on all recent machines are quite bug
> free, unlike the ones found in older B&W G3s and Yikes G4s

I am running on an iBook 2 bought in April 2002.

Thanks

Eric
--
Rendez-vous à Paris.