Re: 2 problems

> 1.  The first problem is with the kernel.  I went to penguinppc.org
> and followed the directions to get the source from the stable tree.
> However, it looks like all of the code is checked into SCCS
> directories.  How do I get the actual source out?

Hmm, I don't know about that specific kernel distribution. AFAIR, SCSS
is Bitkeeper related. I recommend to get benh's kernel
(http://penguinppc.org/~benh/). Following the instructions there you
can rsync the latest kernel source.

> 2.  The second problem is with x.  It appears that X is not allowing
> external connections.  I am running my ibook on a small network here
> are my house.  I have run xhost +ipaddr for another linux box
> (i386).  I then ssh to that box and set the DISPLAY variable to
> point to my ibook.  However, when I try to launch a X program, the
> display attempt is refused.  Is there some default parameter that is
> being set that tells X to refuse external connections?

You don't need xhost. Why don't you just try the X11 forwarding in
ssh? Make sure, that X11Forwarding is set in /etc/ssh/sshd_config. Do
not export $DISPLAY either, ssh should do that automagically. You can
force X11 forwarding on the client side with "ssh -X".

Regards
--
Alexander Stagun