Re: Debian on Apple X-Serve

On Tue, 2002-10-01 at 00:49, Lukas Ziaja wrote:

> i try for a coupple of days to install debian on an apple x-serve...
> after some troubble with the keyboard - it won't work - but after chaning
> the kernel against ben.h precompiled kernel - i got the machine to boot
> via yaboot from a hdd into the install menu...

What do you mean here?  You used your own kernel to boot it, and that
failed?  Or the stock kernel failed, and your kernel booted
successfully?

> the problem ist that, after the language-box i got a message that this
> plattform is not supported at this time ...

Can you give me the output of "cat /proc/cpuinfo" on that machine?  Just
select the "Start a shell" or whatever it is option.

> now my question is, is there
> any chance to make debian running on that box ?

There's a pretty good chance I'd say.