bi-G4 1.25Ghz

	Hi,

Santa-claus comes today with this new machine.
I've asked him to add a SCSI card and a 73Gb SCSI disk, in order to put
linux.

the SCSI card is an adaptec 29160N

whille trying to boot on the debian-30r0-powerpc-binary-1, bad luck,
neither the ata100 drive, neither the SCSI disk are seen.

as far as I've understood my google search, I have to switch the
drive from the ata100 to the ata66 bus in order to be able to use it
under linux. This is the easy part.

and for the adaptec card support, I have to compile a fresh kernel >
2.4.7

is there an iso of an install disk including such a kernel with the
29160 driver ?

if not I'll build a kernel on my pismo, an boot from disk as I
will perform a network install.

In this case I would like to know which is the magic incantation
to boot from the internal IDE drive. More exactly the way to find the
device name under OF.

I've done this long time ago while installing my pismo, but I don't
remember the "vaudou" OF incantation.

	thank's

	Eric

--
Bref, me dire que j'ai peut-être contribué, ne serait-ce que d'un
epsilon, à la propagation de serveurs "compatibles avec FrontPage" me