Re: kernel biG4 1.25

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> >	<quote hand typed, from an other computer ;-(( >
> >	pmac-ide: enabling IDE bus ID2
> >	pmac-ide: enabling IDE bus ID0
> >	Machine check in kernel mode
> >	caused by (from SRR1=149030): Transfer error ack signal
> >	Serial port locked ON by debugger
> >	</quote>
> >
> >I guess there's something wrong ;-))
> >but i cant figure out. ay hints will be really apreciated
>
> Yes, something is definitely wrong,

I ws more than guessing ;-)

> though it may just be
> a wrong driver. Check you don't have legacy serial, legacy
> floppy or CONFIG_RTC set (the latest should be
> CONFIG_PPC_RTC, not CONFIG_RTC)

as the machine don't have any floppy, I disabled evrything regarding
the floppy.
for the serial I just have CONFIG_SERIAL=m

and yes CONFIG_PPC_RTC is OK.

any more things I can check ?

	Eric

--
"Marre des versions stables, je vais tester les instables, au moins je
saurai pourquoi ça plante !"