Re: Problems booting pegasos I

Hi

Am Samstag, 6. November 2004 11.25 schrieb Sven Luther:
> > > Without the serial log output, not much. It works on my pegasos 1 here.
> >
> > Can you tell me the baudrate/parity etc for the serial console. I tried
> > various setting but could never found the correct settings. I tried to
> > find it by googleing and in various Pegasos forums but couldn't find an
> > answer.
> Err, that may be console=ttyS01,115200n8 for 2.4 kernels.
>
> 115200 no parity 8 bit no flow control (hw or sw) is what the OF uses.
I was not much more successfull. I have only the following output in my
minicom window
Ø..ÿÿÿÿÿ

I still have monitor, mouse and keyboard attached.

"Ø." comes before the of prompt shows up
After entering
/cd PEGASOS1.;1 console=ttyS01,115200n8
I get the second "." on my minicom console.
After the "return 0 from prom_init" I get the rest
".ÿÿÿÿÿ"

I think I have also a HW problem as my serial communication between the
pegasos I (kernel 2.6.8) to my powerbook only work in the direction Pegasos->
Powerbook but not the other way round. But I could establish using picocom on
both side a connect with 115200 bauds. I will try to test with another USB ->
serial converter next week.

Best regards
--
Niklaus Giger