Re: powerpc d-i daily builds reactivated, use 2.6.12 kernels, including 64bit kernels, miboot floppies dropped for now.

On Aug 21, 2005, at 10:22 AM, vinai wrote:

On Sun, August 21, 2005 6:47, Derrik Pates wrote:

On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 12:27:51AM -0400, Rick Thomas wrote:
Does it help to remember that SMP-safe is irrelevant to OldWorld
Pmacs, since there are none-such?

Actually, that's not true - I have a 7500 with an aftermarket
604e/180 dual CPU card, and I'm sure there was at least one 9600
model that had dual processors from the factory, so MP-safety most
certainly is an issue. Besides, he said he was testing it on an SMP
box anyway - it'd be hard to get a SWIM3 floppy controller on a
NewWorld, since the core chipsets in the NewWorlds don't have 'em.

In addition to Apple's machines (like the 9500 180/MP like Rogerio
mentioned) that came SMP-ready, and CPU upgrade cards, there were
also clones at this time that were also SMP-capable.  I remember a
4-way 604e non-Apple Power Mac.  Since all of this arose from the
same line of motherboard and chipsets, I would guess these machines
also have SWIM3 controllers for the floppy drives.

Well... You learn something new every day!

Thanks for the correction.

Rick