Re: good wireless card ppc debian

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 15:45:01 +0200
Wolfgang Pfeiffer <roto@gmx.net> wrote:

> Same probably is true currently for the rt2500 driver
> (serialmonkey.com) if you use it on Debian ppc: It currently works
> here (PowerBook G4) only with WEP, but Mark Wallis on
>
> <http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=215>

Sorry if i get ot a while, but which kind of card are you using?
I have an Asus WL-167G,supported by the aforementioned driver, which is
an external usb adapter.
I cannot get the driver to work on my ibook G4 (1.33 ghz)
It compiles,it loads but no rt0 or rtusb0 interfaces are found.
I have the right settings in the kernel (i've been asking in the forum
and those who have it working have the same options i have)...

You mean you have a PCMCIA card, an internal card (airportextreme-like)
or are you using the usb one (an external card featuring the same
chipset)?

thank you and sorry for my english

--
        Andrea Lusuardi aka UoVoBW