Re: Please test Macintosh keyboards with xkb-data 0.8-12exp1

[... most interesting discussion of xkb workings snipped ...]
> In unstable, there are 2 models: macintosh and macintosh_old.
> The latter is for older kernels, and should probably be renamed into
> macintosh_adb for clarity reasons.

Please pick another name - macintosh_old is strictly for ADB Macs that use
a very old kernel (or a compatibility feature) to send keycodes in the ADB
mapping. The very same ADB Macs now use PC style keycode mapping; that's a
kernel side issue only! macintosh_old is clearly more appropriate than
macintosh_adb. If you want to make this any clearer, use a name like
macintosh_oldkernel or some abbreviation of this.

Both the kernel version and the potential compatibility mapping can easily
be detected at run time - check for presence of the file

/proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes

If this contains 0, ADB keycodes are used. If the file is not present or
1, Linux keycodes (unless the kernel version is fairly ancient: 2.4.26
already had the keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes hack. 2.4.18 might not)

To complete your data collection: on my german ADB ISO keyboard, <> and ^
are swapped unless macintosh_old2 is used, just as Helge reported. That's
the adb devices: [2]: 2 c4 [3]: 3 1 [7]: 7 1f case as posted before.

	Michael