Re: xkb-data with support for Mac keyboards into unstable

Hi Wolfgang,

Wolfgang Pfeiffer <roto@gmx.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 11:15:43AM +0000, Jörg Sommer wrote:
>> >    i.e. (starting at AltGR-7) {[]}\ while I get (starting at AltGr-5)
>> >    []|{}}\. This behaviour should be switchable. Also I still wonder
>> >    why "}" is on AltGr-9 *and* AltGr-0.
>> >
>> > 3. AltGr-Q still produces "«" and not "@"
>>
>> It's a Apple keyboard. Don't use it, if you don't like it.
>
> With logics like this I could say: This is Linux. Go get OSX if you
> want an Apple keyboard.

No. Linux and OS X are software. A keyboard is hardware. It's the same
thing with mice. Don't buy an Apple mouse if you want more than one key.

If I sit in front of a keyboard with an Apple logo, I expect an Apple
keyboard. If I see the @ sign engraved on the L key, I expect I get it
when I press Modifier+L.

Which problems do you have, when you load the pc105 layout? Aren't it work?

Bye, Jörg.
--
Ein Narr, er sieht die Weisheit nicht
selbst wenn sie närrisch zu ihm spricht.