VLC Illegal Instruction

Hi,

I am getting a lot of Illegal Instruction complains from VLC (whenever
I ask it to show me video).

dbg tells me:

----start
LC media player 0.9.8a Grishenko
[New Thread 0x48021f20 (LWP 6467)]

Program received signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction.
[Switching to Thread 0x48021f20 (LWP 6467)]
0x0ff69140 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libvlccore.so.0
----end

and google shows me some old and apparently fixed stuff.

I am writing debian-powerpc because those things are not happening
with my i386 box (both running updated squeezes)

Should I report a bug? Is anyone else experimenting this?

thanks,
--
Gunther Furtado
Curitiba - Paraná - Brasil