Re: Wifi configuration Debian Lenny Ibook G3

Hi,

2009/4/21 Rogério Brito <rbrito@ime.usp.br>:
> Hi there, people.
>
> It's been a long time since I last followed debian-powerpc, but I am back to
> my activities.
>
> I have one question, though.
>
> On 02/10/2009 02:31 AM, Geoff Simmons wrote:
>>
>> The original Apple AirPort Card uses a Hermes chipset, which is supported
>> by
>> the orinoco driver provided in mainline kernels.
>
> Is it possible to get an original airport card nowadays? I would love to
> have one (it doesn't matter if it is used, as long as it is working
> correctly).
>
> Unfortunately, I can't find almost anything apple-related here in Brazil,
> but I would still like to put one of those cards in my iBook G3 600MHz.

Have you looked in forum.macnews.com.br? I found one there earlier this year.

> If anybody could send me one, please get in touch with me.

The iBook I got it for is half-dead now, when the healthy half dies
(waiting for I friend of mine to have time to disassemble/reasassemble
it) I could have an useless one here in Curitiba.