Re: Error trying to update powerpc64 Jessie machine.

> On Jun 29, 2018, at 3:05 AM, Rick Thomas <rbthomas@pobox.com> wrote:
>

>> On Jun 28, 2018, at 8:09 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
>>
>> We are currently in the process to properly move powerpc to Debian
>> Ports. In the meantime, you can either reinstall your machine with
>> Debian ppc64 from Debian Ports [1] or wait until the transition is
>> finished.
>
> Yes, I recall that there was some activity on this front.  And I was trying to help with testing the grub2 implementation.  But then things went suddenly quiet and I assumed it had died for lack of interest or available time.

No, there is no lack of interest, there is lack of time. We need developer power.

> Please let me know if there’s anything I can do to help with this effort!

Help find a solution to replace ofpathgetname or whatever that tool was called that we need for GRUB on macppc.

Please note that on non-Mac PPC hardware, GRUB is already the default bootloader.

Adrian