Re: from scratch install of ibook

Hello!

On 11/13/18 2:49 PM, mickbert@posteo.net wrote:
> It was exactly the yaboot, whose last version gave a critical error at the very
> beginning of first boot. I resolved (as suggested in this list) by using the
> installation CD to boot into the newly installed partition, and downgrade the
> yaboot package.

Yes, I'm aware of the issues with Yaboot which is why we want to get rid of it.

It's unfortunately a bit tricky to get GRUB usable out-of-the-box on PPC Macs
as compared to IBM PPC machines.

> Moreover there wasn't any valid entry in /etc/apt.d/sources.list

This will be resolved once we build updated installation images which are
based on Debian Ports.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz