Re: [powerpc/ppc64] Fix d-i/grub-installer for NewWorld Power Macs (now with HFS bootstrap!)

On 3/13/19 21:34, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 12:56 AM Frank Scheiner <frank.scheiner@web.de> wrote:
by popular demand for a working d-i/grub-installer on NewWorld Power
Macs **with** HFS bootstrap method, I made this happen - again. :-D This
time with a reduced footprint compared to the patches proposed in late
2017 (see [1]).

[1]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2017/11/msg00068.html

I created two MRs on salsa.d.o that in combination provide the fix:

* https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/partman-auto/merge_requests/3

* https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/grub-installer/merge_requests/2

Did you get a chance at least to try patch from #916830 ?

No, I didn't try because I thought it would be too much work to get a
modified GRUB package installed automatically during a Debian installation.

Would be
nice to confirm that grub-ofpathname is a replacement for ofpath or
not ? (I am still hoping that syntax is compatible with Mac and thus
916864 may not be required).

If grub-ofpathname wasn't changed since the last time I tested it (in
2017), I'm afraid it won't produce correct device to OF path
translations on NewWorld Power Macs without a fix.

Thanks for your hard work !

You're welcome!

Cheers,
Frank