Re: Steps to boot a fresh PowerPC32 install of Debian from GRUB on installer CD

On 1/3/2021 4:54:18 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

Hello Alex!

On 1/4/21 1:36 AM, Alex Perez wrote:
> If you've successfully gotten 32-bit PowerPC Debian installed using one of the recent Debian Ports
> snapshot CDs (I used https://ftp.acc.umu.se/cdimage/ports/snapshots/2020-11-09/debian-10.0.0-powerpc-\
> NETINST-1.iso) but have no installed bootloader (grub install fails), here's what you can do to temporarily
> boot in to this installed environment:

Are you sure you used this image? I'm asking because all newer images are known to have
issues with partman on 32-bit PowerPC machines.

Are you not seeing any issues with the partioner on 32-bit PowerPC?
You know what...now that you mention it, I did a clean install _over the top of_ one I had partitioned with the 2018 powerpc32 netinst image. Therefore, I didn't exercise the disk partitioning code path in this image at all. I guess that's a reasonable way to work around the current breakage....partition with the old installer, then reboot with a newer one after the partitioning step is complete.

Adrian