Re: netinst ppc64 2022-03-24 fails to install GRUB boot loader

On 3/27/22 22:25, Stan Johnson wrote:
On 3/27/22 7:56 PM, Dennis Clarke wrote:

The 64bit netinst seems to work fine until we get to the GRUB install
stage and perhaps the previous syslog and partman files I submitted
will shed some light. Otherwise a very stable machine that usually
just runs fine is now quite dead until further notice.

I don't know whether this will help, but if you are able to boot Mac OS
X from an external firewire drive, or even a Mac OS X installation CD
(go to the Utility menu)

Sorry. I have never seen Mac OS X. The last time I was using an Apple OS
it was on a thing called a Quadra and there was a thing called the
finder. That was 1994 I think. It was a great machine too. Awesome
music player on it but the whole AppleTalk protocol to a Netware server
was just a nasty mess. Even worse with Token Ring inside an IBM shop :)

--
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC