Re: netinst ppc64 2022-03-24 fails to install GRUB boot loader

On 3/28/22 09:56, Dennis Clarke wrote:

>> Can you try with one of the hard drives removed?
>>
> That would be somewhat difficult tonight. I have it in a stack with
> another silver Power_Xeon_Mac under it and a system running on top of it
> etc etc etc. However I can shut things down and begin the dusty process
> if we really need to rip out the second disk.

Since I cannot see any obvious reason why the installation fails on your system,
we need to start debugging and that will involve removing the second hard disk.

I simply don't see why GRUB installation should fail when your previous screenshot
proved that /dev/sdb2 was formatted with HFS and mounted to /target/boot/grub [1].

It must succeed at this point. If it doesn't, I want to see the exact error message
from the log.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz