Re: ATI mach64 driver disappeared

Hi,

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> There is an FTBFS with the driver that needs to be fixed [1].
>
> However, there is an upstream patch available that fixes the issue plus
> there is also a newer upstream version available [2] which should fix the
> problem as well [3].
>
> @Adrian: Could you update the upstream version to 6.9.7?

Indeed, you were faster than me.

https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/xserver-xorg-video-mach64

Lists exactly 1005462 as drop out reason.

Just as a test, I tried to get the last package available here:
http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/pool-powerpc/main/x/xserver-xorg-video-mach64/

but installation will fail:
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of
xserver-xorg-video-mach64:
 xserver-xorg-video-mach64 depends on xorg-video-abi-24; however:
  Package xorg-video-abi-24 is not installed.

We are now at abi-25. So a rbuild with the fix is needed.

Riccardo