Re: No video signal on iBook G4 with latest kernel

Hello,

On Wed, 2024-01-24 at 16:15 +0100, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> > I have reported the issue in the Freedesktop bug tracker for the radeon driver [1].
>
> video signal of the internal LCD or external video? When does this happen
> I just updated my iBook G4 14" and it works. Boot messages, console and
> X11 (but read below).

As mentioned in the bug report, it's the internal connector, i.e. the LCD.

> What happens is that perhaps you see the kernel booting, but then loose
> the "login" and have a black screen (but you can type blindly?)
> That happens here. I need to brighten the LCD several times until I see
> something, it looks like the brightness is not correctly sync'd.
> But this has been happening since a long time, it is not the latest kernel.

Correct, there is an issue with the brightness controls. It sometimes randomly
turns the screen off, even when turning it to maximum setting. Then when you
change the settings again randomly, the video comes back.

Still, this needs to be bisected.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz