Re: Plans on updating to CUPS 2.0.x in Debian and on introducing ippusbxd package?

On 11.02.2015 18:27, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
Hi Till,

Le mardi, 2 décembre 2014, 18.23:09 Didier 'OdyX' Raboud a écrit :
My plans is to work on these two things "soon", but I have quite
limited time and availabilities.

* My ippusbxd package is mostly ready, and only waits on me to take
time to upload it (likely to experimental)

So, been there, done that; it's uploaded to unstable, but is stuck in
NEW, in which it will probably stay until the Jessie release.

Packaging is there:

	http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/printing/ippusbxd.git

Note that I named the binary package "ippusbxd" and not cups-filters-
ippusbxd. The Conflicts, Replaces and Provides are in place and
shouldn't be a problem to import straight ahead in Ubuntu.

Cheers,
OdyX

Thank you for packaging ippusbxd. The name is absolutely correct as it was also my intention for the naming. The name change from cups-filters-ippusbxd to ippusbxd is important, as this allows arbitrary version numbering (otherwise the ippusbxd project would need higher version numbers than cups-filters).

Unfortunately, it is very close to our Feature Freeze and therefore I will not be able to introduce the new package into Vivid, but in 15.10 I will for sure use it.

   Till