Re: CUPS 2.0.2

On 19.02.2015 06:21, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
Le mercredi, 18 février 2015, 23.44:34 Till Kamppeter a écrit :
I've now uploaded 2.0.2-2 with your changes but the removal of the
IdleExitTimeout upstart patch, that wasn't refreshed correctly and
FTBFS the build on !systemd (aka !linux) builds. Feel free to
re-introduce it in a way that allows cups to build reliably when
libsystemd is not available at build-time.

This patch is very simple and should not cause an FTBFS, as you write
that it did not refreash smoothly, it can have hooked in at any weird
place and not insode the upstart-checkin() function. As the
upstart-checkin() function is provided by the
cupsd-upstart-support.patch I will merge
cupsd-idleexittimeout-upstart.patch into cupsd-upstart-support.patch.
WDYT?

Go ahead. I'll upload to experimental and we'll see if the kFreeBSD's
cope with it in a clean way. :)

If you think that this is not a good idea or if the patch hooked in at
the right place when the FTBFS accured, please post the output of the
compiler. Thanks.

https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=cups&arch=kfreebsd-i386&ver=2.0.2-1&stamp=1423587871

^ this was the build log on kFreeBSD, with the patch as uploaded.

Cheers, OdyX

Thanks for the log. I have found a solution now. I have re-introduced the patch Ubuntu-only, as under Ubuntu there are no non-Linux builds.

One could do it more sophisticated actually, introducing conditionals for Upstart, bbut due to the fact that Ubuntu is currently switching from Upstart to systemd and so Upstart is getting obsolete I have opted for this simple solution.

   Till