Re: Syncing Ghostscript with Ubuntu

Quoting Till Kamppeter (2020-02-07 20:11:37)
> On 07/02/2020 20:02, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> >
> > Are you sure the issue with ppc64 still apply?  I ask because
> > apparently it builds fine on Debian:
> > https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=ghostscript
> >

> For me it actually happened that gcc got stuck on one file when
> running with -O3 on ppc64el. See the linked bug report. Therefore I
> checked and found out that Ubuntu's Ghostscript package had the
> exception rule.
>
> My suspect is now that Debian compiles with -O2 by default, Ubuntu
> with -O3, meaning that the problem will not occur on Debian.

Ah, I understand it now: Debian indeed compiles with -O2 by default.

> So I would be grateful if you could adopt the exception rule, simply
> for smooth syncing.

I will not maintain packaging code purely for working around deviations
in derivatives of Debian.

Sorry, I understand that it would simplify your work, but I will not be
burdenened by derived work not passed upstream to Debian.

Also, I just now notice that you did not file this as a bugreport.
Please use the bugtracker in the future, as that helps track isses most
efficiently.

Kind regards,

 - Jonas