Re: Printing works but still getting error messages

The entry is not in the 'lpstat -t' output. You are not using the
Brother drivers too, are you? I'm without a good idea here.

No, but I have read that the GTK printing dialog does its own searching for IPP everywhere printers and moreover only sends PDF to the printer. Maybe the problem is that my printer does not support PDF.

Anyway, do this:

   lpadmin -p L2550 -v URI_FROM_PREVIOUSLY -E -m everywhere >
and print to the L2550 queue.

I did it and now the error message in the log file does not appear anymore. The error still appears when using the old queue. But what is the difference between the queues? Should the command above not be what cups-browsed runs when it finds a printer?

And can I remove the old queue without cups-browsed recreating it again immediately?

By the way, the printing dialog still shows a printer error, but I do not really care about that. It seems to be buggy anyway with its detection of everywhere-printers with the wrong capabilities.

Best,

D.H.