Re: New maintainer proposal

On Sun, Oct 17, 1999 at 12:15:36PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

Some random comments:

> `confirm the applicant is familiar with the constitution'

Heh. Considering most current developers aren't all that familiar with
the constitution...

> When the committee reaches a decision it will inform both the applicant
> and the Debian developers of the result. For the developers this will
> be done in a weekly report send to debian-private which lists the name
> of the (former) applicant and the decision.

At least for accepted maintainers (ie, 99% of the applicants, one would
assume), -devel-announce and/or -news would be a much better place.

Cheers,
aj

 ``The thing is: trying to be too generic is EVIL. It's stupid, it
        results in slower code, and it results in more bugs.''
                                        -- Linus Torvalds