Re: RMS Linux anyone?

> > Damn they make it look like they are the first and only one committed
> > to open source stuff...  This just makes me angry.
>
> I don't see a word in that page that implies that "they are the first
> and only one committed to open source stuff."  IMHO, if they want to
> support the FSF explicitly with one product, more speed to them.
>
> Though it would be better if they donated 1% of all of their sales to
> FSF, or even $1 from every Red Hat package sold.

Well yes - I agree that they do not expressly say that.  I didn't say that
in the first place.  What made my nerves tingle is the omission of the
fact that there /is/ such a distribution already that did not show up only
yesterday - namely Debian as the official partner of the FSF...  How many
people will now think that RMS supports RedHat??  I hope not too many.

Cheers
  Detlev

[f'up honored but I still think some people from devel are interested.]