Re: Data does NOT belong in Debian (was: Stop Archive bloat)

> Debian is about creating a Unix/linux/hurd distribution, not about
> packaging everything under the sun in the .deb format.
>
> I think we need a policy on "pure data" packages.

I tend to agree with you.  I once suggested at least moving them out
of "main" and in to "doc" or "text" or some other "distribution".  It's
rare for people to be totally without 'net access and even rarer for
those people actually interested in text deb's.

	(Note: I'm not currently subscribed to debian-project.)

                                          Brian
                                  ( bcwhite@pobox.com )

"Everything that can be invented already has been."  --U.S. Patent Office, 1899