Re: new release process (package pool) being proposed

On Tue, Oct 26, 1999 at 11:36:30AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 25, 1999 at 07:37:55AM -0700, Robert Jones wrote:
> > Quoth Anthony Towns on 25 Oct, 1999:
>

> All this `I've got a proposal, let's vote on it' stuff isn't quite right.
> We didn't vote on debconf, we discussed it, then implemented it. Compare
> and contrast with the data/ section: we discussed it, voted (via -policy),
> and... nothing.

Hum... implementing data...
mkdir data
add data in the available section list of dinstall and apt/dpkg/etc.
The implementation of data is just a renamed copy of contrib or non-free
but with a different purpose. It's a policy thing, nothing else.

I agree with you however that voting on the proposal is bit... too
early. I'd like to see some codes first and some work with the ftp
maintainers for testing it.

> Cheers,
> aj
>
> --
> Anthony Towns <aj@humbug.org.au> <http://azure.humbug.org.au/~aj/>
> I don't speak for anyone save myself. PGP encrypted mail preferred.
>
>  ``The thing is: trying to be too generic is EVIL. It's stupid, it
>         results in slower code, and it results in more bugs.''
>                                         -- Linus Torvalds

Fabien Ninoles        Chevalier servant de la Dame Catherine des Rosiers
aka Corbeau aka le Veneur Gris               Debian GNU/Linux maintainer
E-mail:                                                    fab@tzone.org
WebPage:                                    http://www.tzone.org/~fabien
RSA PGP KEY [E3723845]: 1C C1 4F A6 EE E5 4D 99  4F 80 2D 2D 1F 85 C1 70