Re: Spam on lists? [was: Re: serious problems with Mr. Troup]

On 2004-02-23 13:49:58 +0000 Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> wrote:

Should we handle this technically by blocking further posts from
abusers, as the listmasters proposed?

Blocking or further moderation only if periodic summaries of refused posts, including sender addresses, were made to an appropriate place.

Do we even care whether people/organizations outside of Debian read
d-d-a and what they make of the posts?

Not particularly, but I do care what DDs read and I think that the OP was ill-formed for d-d-a and wasted DD time. d-d-a should have a higher priority for most than -devel, so messages should be shorter and easier to read there.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at