Re: Which cds do i really need...

On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 12:17:46PM -0800, Colin Gibson wrote:
> I am interested in downloading debian linux simply to
> try the operating system out.
>
> If possible I would like to download only what is
> absolutely necessary (as well as a few of the programs
> to test).
>
> Therefore I would like to know which of the cd's would
> cater for this, if possible.
>
> Sometimes some cd's are only extra for other bits and
> bobs, however, for simply testing the OS these would
> not be worth the trouble of downloading.

I highly recommend downloading knoppix. It's a quick way to try out
something that is very close to a Debian system with little fuss. It's a
liveCD, which means that you can just boot the computer with the CD in
the drive, and it will load a fully functional system. You'll be able to
find the iso's linked from www.knoppix.org.

 - David Nusinow