Re: Debian and professional certifications

(No need to CC me =))

Em Ter, 2006-05-02 às 11:10 +0200, Wouter Verhelst escreveu:
> > I don't see it this way, and I personally do not support Professional
> > Certification, be it LPI or any other. I would not like to see Debian
> > supporting them either.
>
> Why?
>
> Personally, I'm not convinced of the use of certifications either, and
> much prefer to go by references. However, they have their use, as they
> allow for some guarantee that a given person at least has an
> understanding of how the system works -- although I'll agree that people

Not really. It guarantees, most of the time, that someone has spent some
time reading a manual and knows some stuff by heart.

I know lots of "certified" people to which I'd hate to trust even the
administration of my mom's computer. Certification is simply not able to
guarantee a person is good enough on working with the system, just that
she is good enough on "recording" stuff on her brain.

> with references but no certifications are usually preferable over people
> with certifications but no references.

Yep.

See you!

--