Re: Criteria for a successful DPL board

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 10:32:40AM +0200, Kalle Kivimaa wrote:
> > * have a 3- or 5-member leadership team, selected by the top-leader
> >   but composed from the rest of the winning vote tally, where by "winning"
> >   I mean those top 3 or top 5 who win over NOTA
> > * this selection must be based on a public pre-vote and post-vote discussion
> >   on platform compatibility, with veto rights by someone, maybe secretary?
>
> Why make this so difficult? Why not let the candidates indicate in
> their platforms who their team would consist of? That way the voters
> would know at the vote time, not afterwards. This type of election is
> pretty common in Finland.

Like I said, pre-vote discussion would do... I wouldn't make the pre-choice
mandatory because it can always happen that people change their minds after
election... hm. Maybe that's actually a good rule. But it might narrow down
the number of candidates and pose quorum issues.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.